Ford Mustang’s production has been commenced in the US for the Aussie market, in advance of its long-anticipated arrival on the local borders by December. In Australia, till date over 3000 pre-orders has been received for the pony car, confirmed Ford – the booking numbers indicate that it is far greater compared to any other right-hand-drive market in the world.

Australian buyers have astonishingly preferred the 5.0-litre V8 GT variant instead of the cheaper turbocharged 2.3-litre 4-cylinder EcoBoost variant. As per the figures, 89% of local orders have been for the V8 model, which means only 11% has selected the cheaper EcoBoost model.

invigorating-driving

Australians love the Fastback coupe body style, which can be seen from the orders received – a whopping 84% of orders were received for the Fastback coupe body style, leaving just 16% who have ordered for the convertible.

In Britain, over 2000 orders have been recorded for the Ford Mustang while in New Zealand approximately 400 orders have been registered by enthusiastic buffs to become the first proud owners of the new-generation version of Ford’s iconic sports car.

Ford’s Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Michigan will start delivering right-hook Mustangs to these countries and to Japan, South Africa, Cyprus, Malta and a small amount to Caribbean islands.

As per Ford’s internal data, Mustang’s sales are up by 70% in August when compared to the previous year and Mustang has rightly surpassed the Chevrolet Camaro as the top-selling sports car in the US.

Global IHS Automotive data reveals that the new Ford Mustang was the highest selling sports car in the world during the 1st half of this year, between January and June around 76,100 bookings were received.

In Australia, Ford Mustang’s price range falls between $45,000 and $64,000 (on-road costs extra).

Book the all-new Ford Mustang today at Brad Garlick Ford, a reputed Ford dealer in Sydney and get hold of the awesome pony sports car that’s loaded with power and designed elegantly.

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestBuffer this pageEmail this to someoneShare on LinkedIn